Skip to main content

Finding Beauty in the Ordinary

My life is very ordinary. My time is spent grocery shopping, feeding my people, changing diapers, playing with my 18 month old, folding laundry and cleaning up endless messes.



Sometimes this list of to do's can make life feel mundane and well.... ordinary. And lately I've been caught up in feeling like I'm not really accomplishing anything big or important. I have felt a little scattered and confused and trying to figure out if there is something more I should be doing.

Recently, I had a little experience that helped me gain some clarity that I have been searching for the past little while. A couple weeks ago, I was up all night with the stomach flu which left me very unable to function the following day. My husband and I decided he needed to go to work so I stayed home with my daughter by myself. It was my first time taking care of her on my own while being that sick. Thanks to an amazing friend who brought me some stomach flu essentials, netflix, and a good nap, we made it through the day!

The next day I was back to my healthy self felt amazing! Thank goodness it was only a 24 hour thing. It felt so good that morning to wake up and be able to get myself and Oaklee ready for the day. The things I did that day were the ordinary things I do every day but what changed was my attitude. We went to a little toddler program they put on at the library and then went grocery shopping and we both had so much fun! I felt so happy and grateful doing those ordinary things. Having the energy to make a healthy lunch and even cleaning up while Oaklee napped made me feel so happy and fulfilled. I love creating a home where the spirit dwells and being able to take care of my family's needs. Not much of what I do at home is very big, but it does matter.

Thanks to my crafty mom, I have a cute decoration in my living room that we made together. It is a little clip board with switchable sayings. For the month of April, I chose to put this saying on the clip board...


I love this quote and lately it has helped me find gratitude in my ordinary life. There is something beautiful in each day if I take a moment to reflect on it. I am so grateful I to get to spend my days taking care of my girl...soon to be girls woo hoo, and making my home a happy and loving place.

Be you-tiful,

Cheryl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God told me No

I am a singer. My grandma was a coloratura soprano and that’s what I classify my voice as too. Very recently I was working on singing in a concert with a tenor who graduated from Juilliard. I was going to perform 2 arias. An aria is basically a fancy word for a solo song in an opera. I was going to perform “Bell Song” from Lakme and the “Queen of the Night” aria from the Magic Flute by Mozart. Both arias are extremely difficult and only a very skilled coloratura can sing it well.  My voice teacher who I have taken from for years was preparing me for the concert. She is my mentor and has always told me that I could have an opera career if I wanted. That is what all of my teachers have told me. But I decided to choose a different life! I have two beautiful girls and a rock star husband. My biggest dream in life was to be a homemaker!!! That is what I am and I absolutely adore my “job” as a mom! My second daughter, Gracie, is only 9 months old. I didn’t realize it at the time but right af

The Greatest Force in the World

A few days ago, I pulled my baby in my bed after she woke up from her nap and laid down with her. We had a rare moment where we were both still together. Usually when Oaklee lays down with me, she digs her fingers into my mouth or nose and pulls my hair. This time she put her hand softly on my face and for a little moment we looked into each others eyes. I could feel her sweet, pure spirit and this quote came into my mind.  "When God wants a great work done in the world or a great wrong righted, he goes about it in a very unusual way. He doesn't stir up his earthquakes or send forth his thunderbolts. Instead, he has a helpless baby born, perhaps in a simple home of some obscure mother. And then God puts the idea into the mother's heart, and she puts it in the baby's mind. And then God waits. The greatest forces in the world are not the earthquakes and the thunderbolts. The greatest forces in the world are babies."                                               

Current Bio

Cheryl Fowers is a graduate from Weber State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Music. During her college career, Cheryl had the great honor to play the prestigious role as Queen of the Night in Mozart’s Magic Flute. As a junior, Cheryl performed for concerto night with her sister Olivia singing The Flower Duet from Lakme. As a senior, Cheryl was the recipient of the esteemed Craig Jessop Scholarship. Towards the end of her college career, Cheryl was again chosen to perform as a concerto night soloist where she performed Bell Song from Lakme. Around that same time she was excited to find out that she was also expecting her first child. Soon after she graduated, Cheryl and her husband Chad welcomed their first baby girl in the fall of 2015. Cheryl and Chad welcomed another baby girl into their family in the summer of 2017. Cheryl loves being a mom and considers it her greatest and most fulfilling “role.” Apart from being a mother of two busy little girls, Cheryl owns and oper